A new version has been released for PlayerShopsRPG, it is available for download here.
Just living in the Database!
Minecraft 1.10.2 - Tested on spongeforge-1.10.2-2281-5.2.0-BETA-2407
It's finally here! v2.0.0 of PlayerShopsRPG brings with it several new features and bugfixes. Among the highlights are a complete rewrite from scratch of the backend to utilize an H2 database instead of HOCON files, an actual working implementation of shop renting, the ability to create "ownerless" shops, and support for multiple currencies! Items with custom data attached (metadata) also got an overhaul and should now integrate seamlessly with shops, go forth and sell all the spawn eggs! The UI had some work done as well and most importantly, should now refresh itself whenever a change is made. There were also a few little optimizations here and there which should hopefully make the whole experience snappier.
I want to apologize for how long this update took to get out, what began as a simple update quickly grew to a massive overhaul. I also want to thank you all for your continued support, creating issue reports, and reminding me just how much of a need exists for this plugin.
1. Please first backup all of your plugin files!
2. Delete the
messages.conf file located in
3. Add the plugin to your mods folder as normal
4. Run the server and verify everything is still working as expected
5. Delete the
shops_old.conf file located in
- Entire shop storage mechanism torn out and replaced with an H2 database, this should provide much better stability to the plugin moving forward. I've also included a built-in translator that should move all of your existing data over to the new format.
- Several major bugfixes with regards to the shop renting system.
- You now have the ability to configure if shop funds should transfer to the renter upon the expiration of the rent, as well as if the inventory of the shop should be cleared, you can find these options in the
- You now have the ability to create "ownerless" shops through the
/shop set owner none command and corresponding
- If your economy plugin supports multiple currencies, you can now set the currency a shop will use with the
/shop set currency command and corresponding
playershopsrpg.commands.set.currency permission. By default, all shops will use the default currency supplied by the economy plugin.
- Items with different variants (spawn eggs, potions, enchanted books) as well as custom data (metadata) attached should now be recognized as different items by the plugin and will be handled accordingly.
- Several small bugfixes and updates to the UI, including having the UI refresh upon changes made to the shop.
- Other little bugfixes and optimizations here and there
Note about API 6.x compatibility
Due to changes in how inventories are handled in between Sponge API 5.x and 6.x, this version of PlayerShopsRPG is not fully compatible with API 6.x versions of Sponge. I will be releasing an API 6.x compatible build soon.